Putton Mill Fitness Centre was established in 2002 to provide an up-to-date training facility for the local community. We pride ourselves on staying ahead of the game with our training systems and knowledge, and we have created an environment which allows us to cater for many different training needs, from weight loss and general fitness to physical preparation for sport.
I’m Bruce Millar, a fitness and nutrition coach and owner of Putton Mill Fitness Centre.
Besides the gym, rugby is my other great passion. I currently coach at Duns RFC, and you might occasionally hear me doing rugby commentary if you’re really unlucky! I also worked as a tutor and assessor for about ten years, teaching others to become gym instructors and personal trainers.
I help people in their 40s, 50s and 60s get fit and strong so they can live life to the full.
I also work with sports men and women of all ages and abilities who want to improve their sports performance by increasing strength, power and conditioning.
I encourage my clients to aspire to the following core values in their training journey.
- Continuous Improvement: pursue excellence and mastery.
- Optimism: be better in the future than today.
- Flexibility: find a way to deal with any situation.
- Community: inspire and help each other to achieve our goals.
- Perseverance: keep showing up and working hard to achieve your goals.
- Challenge: get out of your comfort zone.
What We Offer
If you’re serious about achieving your health and fitness goals and want to work with a coach to give you the best possible chance of success, check out our Small Group Training service.
If you like to work on your own but need programming and accountability, our Hybrid Training approach may be exactly what you need.
For those who live further afield and train at home or in another gym, we offer Online Coaching where we take care of your programming and provide feedback on exercise technique using video.
If you prefer to do your own thing in the gym, get started with Gym Membership. All ages and fitness levels welcome!
Popular Blog Posts
How much does it cost?
How will coaching help me?
“Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player. We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” – Bill Gates
A good fitness coach will help you in many ways, for example:
- They will write a balanced training programme which fits your specific needs and is designed to ensure long-term progress.
- They will help you address all lifestyle factors which impact on your results such as sleep, stress and nutrition.
- They will ensure your exercise technique is safe and effective, and offer modifications and adaptations as necessary.
I have 20 years of experience as a coach and have helped hundreds of clients achieve their goals, from weight loss to sports conditioning. If you would like to discuss how I can help you, contact me here and we can meet to discuss your particular goals.
Can I use the gym at any time?
Times are restricted to work around Small Group Training and other coaching sessions. Gym sessions must be booked to ensure we do not exceed our current capacity and available times are shown on the timetable here.
I’d Love to Hear from You!
Fill out the contact form or email me on [email protected]
Bruce Millar, Owner & Fitness Coach